Thursday, May 5, 2011

Creamy Black Bean Burritos

It's Cinco de Mayo, and I can't imagine a better way to celebrate than with some Mexican-inspired flavors. These burritos are the perfect solution to for any busy night. They take no more than 10 minutes to make, and are popular with kids and adults alike. I love making authentic Mexican food, and I love making food from scratch. But sometimes you just want dinner. For those times, I really enjoy this recipe.

CREAMY BLACK BEAN BURRITOS
  • 6 8-inch flour tortillas
  • 1 15 oz can organic black beans, drained
  • 1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis (like Rotel), drained
  • 4 oz neufchatel cheese
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • romaine lettuce (optional)
1. In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine black beans, Rotel, neufchatel cheese. Heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and ingredients are well mixed. Stir in cumin and onion powder. Spoon into flour tortillas and serve with desired toppings.

I always like to top my bean mixture with a healthy handful of chopped romaine lettuce. It cuts through some of the heat, adds some freshness, and gives the burrito a welcome crunch. However, the choice is yours. Enjoy!

Source: Lemons and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!