Thursday, May 12, 2011

Waffles

What's there to say about these waffles? Other than they are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Waffles are a great throw-together-at-the-last-minute meal (or, in my case, a I-forgot-to-go-grocery-shopping-again meal), because the ingredients are all things I have hanging around my pantry. They whip up pretty fast, too. This is a great base recipe that can be tinkered and experimented with. Try adding mini chocolate chips, or bacon pieces. Express yourself!

BASIC WAFFLES
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 1 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 c vegetable oil
  • 1-1/2 tsp white sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Add in flour and beat until smooth. Whisk in the remaining ingredients, one at a time, blending well before each addition. The batter should be completely free of lumps and should have the consistency of buttermilk (not too thin, not too thick).

2. Cook waffles in accordance with your waffle maker's instructions. I have the Cuisinart waffle maker. I set my machine to it's highest setting, and pour in 1/3 c batter at a time. I get about five waffles from one batch of this recipe. Your mileage may vary.

Source: Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!