Friday, October 28, 2011

Pinterest Favorites Friday

I find Pinterest a very useful tool in my mission to procrastinate from housework as much as possible. It's also a wonderful place find recipes and craft ideas. Today, I thought I'd share some of my favorite finds:



I love this tip from All Things Homie on how to make breakfast sandwiches for a crowd. Isn't this ingenious? This would be great to try over the holidays, or whenever you have a house filled with guests.


What a neat idea from Picky Palate! This would be fun to do with left-over scraps when making holiday pies. Kids would go crazy for these. So would I, for that matter. Then again, I am still at least 87% kid.


Mashed potatoes and pies are great, but for those of us who don't want to completely bust our waist lines, this yummy looking chicken and tomato pasta dish from Skinny Taste would be a nice reprieve from all the heavy holiday cooking.


These diy reusable bowl covers from The Farm Chicks are just brilliant. Sometimes I get tired of wrestling with plastic wrap. And the sewing instructions are simple enough that even I can make these. I think.


Ok, so this has nothing to do with food. But it's penguins wearing sweaters! You can read more about why New Zealand penguins are rocking these life-saving duds over at Fashionista. I knit and would be seriously tempted to make a bunch of these, but apparently the penguins' closets have already been filled.

2 comments:

  1. I could spend days and days at a time on Pinterest....oh wait, I do that already lol. It is like crack! Penguins in sweaters are so cute!!

    I have done many recipes and crafty things based on stuff I have found on there. I can not get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The penguins really rock those sweaters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!