Sunday, October 30, 2011

Veggie Dip


In developing this recipe, I was inspired by Debbie Does Dinner. I love the idea of a low-calorie and low-fat veggie dip. It makes sense, doesn't it? If I'm going muster up the strength to bypass the cookies and snack on some carrot sticks, I don't want to ruin the effort with an unhealthy dip.

This dip uses Greek yogurt as its base, which has a similar taste and texture to sour cream but sports a much friendlier nutrition label. One batch of this recipe contains roughly 75 calories and 4 grams of fat, and makes enough to share with a couple of friends.


VEGGIE DIP

1/3 c fat-free Greek yogurt
1 tbsp light mayonnaise
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 tsp freeze dried chives
1/8 tsp onion powder

1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Enjoy with cut veggies.

This recipe is shared with Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Craft-O-Maniac, On the Menu Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Made by You Monday, Tuesday Talent Show, This Chick Cooks, Full Plate Thursday, It's a Keeper, Foodie Friday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Sweets for a Saturday

6 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!!I am trying to reduce cals and fat so will make this tomorrow!!! Happy halloween! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a delicious alternative to fattening dips. With the holidays just ahead it is great to have a recipe like this for the rotation. This is my first visit to your blog, soI took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spit for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I've no idea what seasoned salt is, but I think I can probably find it in the spices aisle (I hope!).

    I think maybe I'll make some this week to eat with veggies to make up for all the candy I've been eating for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, Why didn't I think of this? I am sure glad you did! I have a house full of young adults this weekend and I am making your dip! It looks scrumptious! A great way to get protein and calcium in my diet too!
    Wonderful!!!!
    Thanks for joining ON THE MENU MONDAY with this delicious dip!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this is looks great, I have pinned for future use! I am trying to change my life into a healthier life and this looks like a fantastic snack I am going to try.

    if you are interested I am hosting a healthier lifestyle link party and it would be great if wanted to participate.

    http://michellescraft.blogspot.com/2011/10/healthy-lifestyle-change-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. snacks like this are awesome and good for us thanks for sharing my teens love veggies like this come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!